Denton Auto Accident Attorney | Denton Car Wreck Lawyer | Denton Vehicle Accident Attorney
Car accidents are, by far, the leading cause of transportation related injuries throughout the United States and locally in the Denton area. Most Americans are completely dependent on using cars to perform each of our daily tasks, including driving to the store, work, school, shopping, doctors, and a variety of other commonplace tasks. The inevitable consequence is that, no matter how safe a driver you are, you will likely be involved in some sort of auto accident one day. This reality becomes even more likely in a city such as Denton, Texas, which is an important West Texas center and due to the Air Force Base within the Denton area.
When Should You Hire an Denton Car Accident Attorney?
Of course, not every car accident requires that you hire a car accident lawyer. Car accident lawyers only become necessary when an accident results in an injury serious enough to warrant medical attention, or one that detracts from your quality of life and daily routine. In these cases, retaining an Denton, Texas automobile accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the advice and compensation you deserve.
You should contact an experienced Denton auto accident attorney when your injuries are such that:
- You have a severe injury that will cause you some significant lost time or wages from work; or
- Where a car accident causes you to be disfigured; or
- You are caused to suffer permanent pain; or
- You have suffered a “loss of consortium” as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from an Denton auto, truck, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain an Denton car accident attorney immediately.
Why Do You Need an Denton Auto Accident Lawyer?
Every state, including Texas, requires car owners to purchase automobile accident insurance. However, car insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of paying fair and just compensation to their customers, even when those customers have routinely made their insurance payments for years. Let’s face it, how do car insurance companies make money? Simply put: They love to take premiums and hate to pay claims.
Denton car accident attorneys handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the Denton area and in all areas of Denton County. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in an Denton, Texas traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The defense lawyer will try to place fault on the injured party to reduce their award. This “fault” is called comparative fault and this is a very important reason why you need an experienced Denton accident attorney.
Denton Uninsured Car Wreck Lawyer
Even though it is required in Texas, that if you drive in Denton you have insurance, people do not always have insurance. When they hit your car and injure you, that is called and uninsured motorist's claim. If this is happens, your uninsured auto accident lawyer in Denton will try to successfully handle your Denton car wreck against your car insurance company. Depending on how your insurance company treats you, it may also give rise to an Denton bad faith insurance claim.
Denton Car Accidents Involving Driver Charged with Driving While Intoxicated
Because of the unique set of laws in Texas having to do with drunk driving accidents, please visit our Driving While Intoxicated Car Accident page for a more complete understanding.
Denton Distracted Driver Car Accidents
Today's drivers are often distracted by text messages and phone calls on smartphones and other devices. While we have a constant need to check messages to stay current both for work and our social lives, distracted driving is a major hazard in the Denton area. Denton Distracted Driving Accidents, caused by drivers that text, can be dangerous and even fatal. If a the driver of the car that hit you was a texting driver or a distracted driver, call an Denton Distracted Driver Car Crash Attorney Today.
Denton Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyer
Fatal accidents due happen in Denton, Texas. When they do, your family has a claim under the Texas Wrongful Death Statute. If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one and you believe that the other party was at fault, contact an experienced Denton fatal car accident Lawyer right away.
If you or a loved one have been involved in an Denton auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons. If it is non-emergency, call (361) 676-6683 ;
- As soon as you are able, call an Denton car accident lawyer;
- If you, a family member, or friend are taken away by an Denton ambulance, you can later get information at:
Denton EMS or Denton Fire Department
332 E. Hickory
Denton, TX 76201
If your car was towed and stored in the City of Denton, or a surrounding area, try calling the local police department:
Denton Police Department (DPD): (940) 349-8181
Denton County Precinct 1: (940) 349-3160
Denton County Sheriff: (940) 349-1601
Other reasons to retain an Denton, TX Auto Accident lawyer or Denton County, TX Auto Accident lawyer include:
- In Texas, the statutory minimum of liability insurance is $25,000.00;
- A trained Denton, Texas car accident attorney will get you quality medical care;
- A Denton County car accident lawyer will preserve vital evidence and immediately retain experts, called accident reconstructionists, who recreate the accident for the purposes of trial and legal settlements;
- If alcohol and/or drugs played a role in the cause of the accident punitive damages may be available;
A licensed Denton car accident attorney will make sure that:
- Your automobile’s property damage is fully paid;
- Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is recovered; and
- That all layers of insurance coverage, such as excess levels of coverage are placed on notice;
- A persona injury attorney in Denton will not let your statute of limitations is two (2) years from the date of the accident;
An Denton injury trial lawyer will be completely familiar with:
- The Texas Rules of Civil Procedure;
- The laws governing where your lawsuit should be filed. These are called "Venue" laws.
- If your Denton car crash lawyer determines that your car injury lawsuit should be filed in one of the below Denton County Civil Courts or Denton County District Court, they will also have a thorough knowledge of the Texas Rules of Evidence. Some of the Denton trial courts include:
Denton County 211th District Court
- If your Denton injury litigator, chooses federal court, he or she will be completely familiar with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced Denton tractor trailer accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an accident in Denton involving a commercial vehicle.
Resources for Denton Residents
Denton Area Medical Facilities
Cook Children's Medical Center
Dallas VA Medical Center
Denton Regional Medical Center
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton
University Behavioral Health of Denton
Denton Area Automobile & Tire Repair
Bill Utter Ford Inc
Advanced Auto Repair
Firestone Complete Auto Care
Denton Area Car Rental Services
Avis Rent A Car
Budget Rent-A-Car - Denton
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in the Denton area or anywhere in Denton County or surrounding areas, please contact one of the experienced Denton vehicle accident law firms listed on this page.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys Serve Denton and Surrounding Cities
Serving clients throughout Central Texas, including Argyle, Allen, Aubrey, Bartonville, Bolivar, Carrollton, Celina, Colleyville, Copper Canyon, Corinth, Corral City, Cross Roads, Decatur, Denton, Dish, Double Oak, Era, Flower Mound, Frisco, Grapevine, Hackberry, Haslet, Hebron, Hickory Creek, Highland Village, Justin, Keller, Krugerville, Krum, Lake Dallas, Lakewood Village, Lewisville, Lincoln Park, Little Elm, McKinney, New Fairview, Northlake, Oak Point, Pilot Point, Plano, Ponder, Prosper, Roanoke, Rosston, Sanger, Shady Shores, Southlake, The Colony, Trophy Club, Valley View and other communities in Denton County.